|Strengthening research Governance||• Countries with valid health research policies, strategic plans, and priority lists|
• Countries with legislation on R4H
• All countries with national or institutional ethics review committees
• At least 80% of countries have a national or institutional ethics review committee assessing & providing feedback within 3 months.
|Creating & sustaining resources||• Countries with a health research promoting unit within the MOH|
• Countries with universities/colleges that have a training programme in health research
• Countries with a national health research institute/council
|Producing and using health research||• Countries with a R & D coordination mechanism|
• Each country to increase the number of articles published in peer reviewed journals byat least 30%.
• Countries with a knowledge translation platform
|Financing health research||• Countries that have a dedicated budget line for R4H|
• Countries investing at least 2% of the national health budget in R4H
• Countries investing at least 5% of health sector development assistance in R4H
• Countries regularly tracking R4H spending from all sources