From: Defending access to medicines in regional trade agreements: lessons from the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership – a qualitative study of policy actors’ views
Example interview questions
• Who were the main actors seeking to influence the RCEP negotiations? Who was most influential? Why?
• How were actors framing their interests? Were any frames supportive of public health issues?
• What institutional processes, either formal or informal and inside or outside the trade negotiations did you see as important? Why?
• Were there turning points or events that shifted the agenda over this time period (this could include changes in government, shifts in public opinion, government reports, and external events)?
• Were there reasons specific to health issues that helped or hindered prioritisation? What role did evidence play? Or domestic or international legislation?