|Company name||Key features in 2019|
- holds the leading position in the segment of generic and OTC medicines sold in hospitals and ranks 20th in the overall pharmaceutical market (market share of 1.89%);|
- is a world leader in the production of the active substance Nystatin;
- has majority state capital (over 53%);
- exports accounted for 40% of turnover with medicines produced successful in America, Europe and Asia.
- is one of the largest private medical service companies in Central and Eastern Europe, also being present in the pharmaceutical business, managing 10 pharmacies operating their own clinics;|
- the market share of the pharmaceutical market is insignificant;
- has majority Romanian private capital and is mainly owned by Romanian individuals.
- an important chain of pharmacies that ranks 4th among the top of pharmacy chains operating on the Romanian market with a market share exceeding 7%;|
- has majority foreign private capital and is mainly owned by foreign legal entities.
- an important chain of pharmacies in Romania with its activities focused on integrated business services such as imports, sales, wholesale distribution, logistics services, marketing, drug registration for major pharmaceutical manufacturers;|
- its market share of the pharmaceutical market is estimated at less than 3%;
- has majority private Romanian capital and is mainly owned by Romanian individuals;
- one of the most important producers of medicines and food supplements in Romania, operating mainly on the OTC market;|
- ranks third on the Romanian pharmaceutical market in terms of turnover;
- has majority private Romanian capital and is mainly owned by financial investment companies;
- exports represent less than 3% of turnover with products being marketed in 12 countries in Europe and Asia.
- one of the most important drug manufacturers in Romania with production units in Romania and the Czech Republic and ranking second in drug sales on the Romanian market;|
- has mostly foreign private capital, is part of the Zentiva Group, and is mainly owned by foreign legal entities;
- exports represented over 40% of turnover. Until 2018, exports were managed by a company within the Sanofi group.