General advice from the Public Health Agency (Folkhälsomyndigheten) as of 16 April 2020|
• Stay home even if you feel the least bit sick.
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 s.
• Keep away from others both indoors and outdoors.
• Keep away from others on the bus, train, subway, tram and other public transport.
• Avoid, funerals, baptisms, parties or weddings.
• Keep away from others at sports venues, swimming pools and gyms and avoid changing in public changing rooms.
• Do not travel during rush hour if you can avoid it.
• Only travel if necessary.
• If you are 70 years of age or older, it is of the utmost importance that you limit your social contacts and avoid places where people gather.
Key restrictions and policy measures
11 March: Public events with more than 500 people banned (took effect 12 March).
16 March: Advice to work from home if possible.
17 March: Recommendation that senior high schools, universities and higher education move to distance learning (took effect 18 March).
19 March: Schengen-wide travel entry ban goes into effect.
24 March: Crowding in restaurant, cafes, and bars not allowed; table service should be utilized to minimize crowding at the bar.
29 March: Public events with more than 50 people banned (announced 27 March).
1 April: Further detailed guidelines and binding recommendations on physical distancing for individuals and for the public and commercial sectors released: for example, shops have a responsibility to rearrange their floor space to prevent crowding; public transport operators need to reduce crowding.